Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One More Week!!

Sorry for the long gap between entries...but there has not been that much happening...Well, a lot of little things are happening, just nothing major!! Overall, I think its a good thing that there is nothing major going on at this stage! We are now just 1 week away from finding out if we are going to have a boy or a girl...and I am so very excited!!

First, the little things that are going on...We have received the family bassinet!! Brad and Heather called and told us that Molly is finished with the bassinet, so it is now in the nursery! Some of you are probably saying, "so what, its just a bassinet!!" Well, for sappy family guys like me this bassinet means much more! Everyone that has been placed in the bassinet is written on the bottom and it is really cool for me to continue the tradition. We are now also starting to get Christmas gifts for the baby...i knew it would be pretty cool to get these things, but I didn't think it would be this great!! I like opening stuff for the baby more than stuff for me! We got a cool Ravens one-sie and hat, and a toy chest with a bunch of toys so far! I'm sure there is more of this coming with our trip to NY on the horizon!

Christine is still feeling fantastic, which apparently means that we are having a boy! Do I believe that when people say it? No, but any signs that point to boy I usually think are accurate! I have been giving a lot of thought to the boy/girl question lately, and by a lot I mean NON-STOP...and i have to say I have imagined it both ways. We can find out the sex on December 29th which is next Tuesday!!! Needless to say we are very excited, and anxious to get the results. We cant wait to call the baby by name; instead of Baby Davis! We have picked out names, and we are set for either gender. For a boy we are going with Kevin James (after our fathers), and for a girl we are going with Meghan Elizabeth. So, there it is!! You are all in the loop on the names! Next week around 2pm we will be posting the results either on this blog or on facebook - probably on both! I will be crying either way...either because I will be having a daddy's girl, or my little boy! Keep the prayers coming for a healthy baby, at this point that is all that matters!

I would also like to take this time to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy holiday season. I would also like to acknowledge friends with family members and/or friends that are fighting for our country overseas. I am very happy to report that my friend Gina welcomed her brother home from the war this week. Gina, Dom truly is a hero, and I am happy that you and your family can celebrate with him this Christmas! Please give him all of our heartfelt thanks and love. Spend as much time with your family as possible this holiday folks - Family is everything, without it - we are nothing!! See ya next week, I cant wait to blog some more good news!!

1 comment:

  1. Ant, I love you Buddy! Thanks for the "shout out," it's actually rather rare that anyone takes the time to say "thanks" or "welcome home" to the people who have been serving overseas... the fact that it's second nature to you is just affirmation of the incredible person you are. I will gladly pass along your well wishes to my brother. Furthermore, I love the names you have chosen and will be waiting impatiently to find out your BIG NEWS!

    ReplyDelete